Image and recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp
That’s right, kids – put away your still-beating-human-heart juice boxes and vials of V, because we’re back with the first of our cocktail recommendations for Season 5 of True Blood.
First, the preview:
Going into the premiere, the big question on most people’s minds is of course what the hell is gonna happen to Tara. (I’m personally hoping they “Turn, Turn, Turn” her like the episode title suggests.) In her honor – and in keeping with the season’s theme of villains from past seasons coming back from the (un)dead for another shot at our heroes – I though that the classic cocktail The Corpse Reviver (#2) would be the perfect drink to enjoy during the show.
Check out the recipe below, and then get to your liquor store ASAP to stock up on the essentials!
Corpse Reviver #2*
1 oz dry gin
1 oz Cointreau
1 oz Lillet Blanc
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
1-3 Dashes of absinthe
Combine all ingredients, shake with ice, and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with an orange peel or lemon twist. Enjoy!
*Note that the original Corpse Reviver (which is brandy-based) is also quite good, but it packs a bit of a punch and is a little more of an acquired taste than this one. But feel free to try that one instead!
- New “True Blood” Preview Clips and This Week’s Drink: The Devil’s Cocktail This is delicious! Looks like True Blood‘s vamps are in...
- “True Blood” Preview Clips and This Week’s Cocktail: The Blue Moon Ohhhhhhhh this is a goodie. While Creme Yvette or creme...
- New “True Blood” Preview Clips and This Week’s Cocktail: The Midnight Hello there! This week it looks like the sun-soaked goings-on...
- “True Blood” Preview Clips and This Week’s Cocktail: The Hellfire Since HBO is (perhaps wisely) not spilling any beans regarding...
- “True Blood” 3.08: Preview Clips and Tonight’s Cocktail! Tonight’s True Blood cocktail is called the Wild Berry Freeze...