Imogen Poots in 28 Weeks Later
Now, I’m not talking “John Carpenter and Alfred Hitchcock” here. This list isn’t about the names of people who are the best in the biz, although some of them are perfectly adept at their chosen craft.
No, this is all about the people who actually have the best names.
“Seeing the name Yolanda Squatpump in the credits of Puppet Master II almost made up for having sat through Puppet Master II.“
Come to think of it, maybe Alfred Hitchcock works after all…
Anyway, it’s as simple as that, people. Enjoy!
22 of the Best Names in Horror Movies
(note: in the interest of scope and WTF factor I’m limiting this list to actual cast and crew names, not character names)
“Pounder? I don’t even know ‘er!”
22. Carrie Snodgress, Actress (Trick or Treats, The Fury, The Forsaken)
21. CCH Pounder, Actress (Orphan, Psycho IV: The Beginning)
20. Tawny Kitaen, “Actress” (Witchboard)
19. Tammy Poo, Actress (Nudist Colony of the Dead)
17. Imogen Poots, Actress (28 Weeks Later)
Zelda Rubinstein as Paul Williams as Tangina in Poltergeist
16. Zelda Rubinstein, Actress (Poltergeist, Anguish)
15. Wiley Wiggins, Actor (The Faculty)
14. Screaming Mad George, FX Whiz (Hide and Go Shriek, Bride of Re-Animator, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master)
13. Guido Baldi, Actor (Demons)
12. Larry Lawrence, Actor (Fatal Games)
11. Gunnar Hansen, Actor (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre)
Jeana Tomasina in The Beach Girls
Jeana Tomasina in a living hell
10. Jeana Tomasina, Actress (10 to Midnight) and Motherfucking Real Housewife of Orange Motherfucking County!
9. Yolanda Squatpump, Make-Up Artist and Script Supervisor (Puppet Master II, Murder Weapon, Witchhouse 3)
8. Kitten Natividad, Actress (The Tomb, Zombie Ninja Gangbangers)
Hugo Stiglitz in Nightmare City
7. Hugo Stiglitz, Actor (Tintorera, Nightmare City)
6. Howley Smoot, Visual Effects Artist (Dark Waters, Darklight, Femalien)
5. Bunny Breckinridge, Actor (Plan 9 from Outer Space)
Tané McClure (yes, she’s Doug McClure’s daughter)
4. Tané (aka Tane McClure), Actress (Crawlspace, Death Spa, Zombie Death House)
3. Agnes Moorehead, Actress (Hush…Hush, Sweet Charlotte, Dear Dead Delilah, What’s the Matter with Helen?)
… and the #1 awesomest name in horror movie history…
1. Timothy Bottoms, Actor (The Girl Next Door, Rollercoaster, Vampire Bats)
Any other fave names I’ve missed? Share ‘em in the comments, kids!
- Online Film Critics Society names “Hurt Locker” and “Inglourious Basterds” tops for 2009 Jeremy Renner Hurt so good Believe it or don’t, I...
- “Inglourious Basterds”, or, “Bring Me the Head of Hugo Stiglitz” Til Schweiger as Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz in Basterds Okay, so...
- Horror Happenings (NYC): Gay vampires and scary movies Just a quick note about two horror-related events going on...
- CampBlood’s Ten Best (and Three Worst) horror flicks of 2009 It’s that time of year again when people like me...
- Dance Macabre: Ten Awesome Horror Movie Dance Numbers If I asked you to list a few things that...