I know it’s only been 10 days since the whirlwind third season of HBO’s vampire soap True Blood flew off into the night, but it kind of seems like forever already to me.
So for this week’s installation of our insanely topical discussion feature, I thought I’d ask:
What are you doing to fill the True Blood void?
I’ll kick things off with a few of my ideas below, and then I wanna hear from YOU!
Heya, handsome! Miss me? (James Marsters as Spike)
1. Watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Seasons 1-7 (again)
Seriously, when’s the last time you and the Buff had some serious 5-by-5? The next 9 months give the perfect opportunity to revisit this groundbreaking, highly influential, and just plain awesome vampire show from beginning to end. (Yes, even Season 4. I know it hurts, but it’s good for you.) Heck, make a drinking game out of it! Every time something happens that bears a striking similarity to something in True Blood (Brooding brunette vampire boyfriend! Bad-boy blonde vampire suitor! Werewolf! Witch! Fry-cook!), take a shot.
Oh – and I think all the Buffs are now available for Instant Streaming from Netflix. Snuggie party!
2. Watch Blood Work!, ad nauseum.
Seriously, we’ll keep you company in the cold months. Again, alcohol always helps.
Paul Wesley from The Vampire Diaries
3. Dive into Dexter, The Walking Dead, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries
I’ll admit that I’ve never seen The Vampire Diaries, and I’ve seen Supernatural once. See, when a guy my age watches the CW more than once he ends up on some kind of sexual predators registry. But still, it might be worth it, as I’ve heard that both shows are way more fun than they look. Also, the AMAZING Dexter returns this Sunday and if this season is even half as amazing as the previous 4, it will be killer. The Walking Dead premieres on Halloween and there’s no better way to ignore the kids at your door begging for candy.
So those are my coping mechanisms. What are yours? And no, crying softly into your pillow DOES NOT COUNT.
- Campfire Tales: Who’s your all-time favoritest vampire? Hey, Campers! Put down that frog and those firecrackers and...
- Blood Work! “True Blood” video recap 2.11: Alright, who laid the egg?! It’s that time of the week, Campers! Yes, we’re back...
- Blood Work! “True Blood” vlog 3.12: “That’s a NAP!” So this is it, folks – our Blood Work! recap...
- Poll: Can “Eastwick”, “Dexter” or “Vampire Diarrheas” quell your “True Blood” cravings? While Season 2 of True Blood might not have been...
- “True Blood” update: Gays, harder and more often Michael Steger It’s been awhile since we reported on everyone’s...